To advance public understanding of science through lifelong discovery, exploration and education.
By 2020, the Aspen Science Center will be recognized as the premier organization promoting and facilitating public understanding of and engagement in science throughout the Roaring Fork Valley. In actualizing this vision, the Aspen Science Center will:
- Advance science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning as an essential and complementary component of the rich and unique culture that distinguishes the Aspen community.
- Be the “go to” STEM entity for convening and collaborating with other Aspen area scientific, educational, arts, cultural, and policy-engaged organizations.
- Provide a unique portfolio of STEM-related programs, resources, and services for the diverse residents and visitors of Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley.
- Maintain a visible presence in Aspen, as well as other Roaring Fork Valley communities, through regular multi-media messaging and public engagement activities that inspire and educate audiences of all ages, including Pre-K and school-age youth, families, area educators and other adults.
- Build a strategic, sustainable, continuously improving non-profit enterprise that attracts and retains a strong Board, talented staff, and diverse financial support through both earned and contributed revenues.
Science is an indispensable tool for understanding our world, becoming an informed citizen, and enriching people’s lives. In today’s world, each citizen must have a solid base in the understanding of, and appreciation for, scientific concepts and their essential role in the betterment of humankind. The Aspen Science Center partners with other Roaring Fork Valley organizations, including schools, libraries, museums, businesses, institutes, and other arts & cultural entities to foster inquiry, exploration and education that includes scientific thinking and creative problem solving.